[Trilinos-Users] help understanding an error message

Templeton, Jeremy Alan jatempl at sandia.gov
Wed Nov 4 14:28:04 EST 2015

Hi all,

I’m running a code that iteratively solves the Stokes equations for pressure and velocity using Tpetra with the Belos pseudo block GMRES solver and XXX preconditioning.  I am running my mac laptop with OS 10.9.5 and Trilinos 12.0.1.  When I solve the equations using 1, 2, or 3 processors, the solvers converge (to the right answer no less!).  However, when I run on four processors, I get the following error on processor 0 only:  BLAS error: Parameter lda passed to cblas_dgemv was 0, which is invalid.  I don’t know what’s causing this and I can’t get stack trace to pinpoint the location it happens, but it looks to be happening during the linear system solution of a Poisson equation.  Can you provide some guidance as to things I could check in the code that could be causing this?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy A. Templeton, Ph.D.
Thermal/Fluid Sciences & Engineering