[Trilinos-Users] Compile very slowly

Feng Xing snakexf at gmail.com
Mon May 25 09:24:49 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I tried to compile a smalll code for solving Ax=b with Tpetra, Belos and Meulu. There are only about 400 lines. But it takes more than 20 minutes to compiler in mac os 10.10, gcc 4.9.2, openmpi 1.7.5, trillions 12.0.1. I would like to ask if it is normal or something is not well written in my code.

The structure is as following. Each member function do one work like create matrix (set matrix values, create vector, solve….).

#include …..

typedef Tpetra::Map<int, int> map_type;
typedef Tpetra::CrsMatrix<double, int, int> mat_type;
typedef …….

using Teuchos::RCP;
…..

class SolveAxb{