[Trilinos-Users] [11.12.1] Symbol not found: _PyBool_Type (OS-X)

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Tue May 19 01:55:40 EDT 2015

Dear all,

we recently came across the following run-time error when trying to use
Trilinos built with python interfaces:

dyld: Symbol not found: _PyBool_Type
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libpytrilinos.11.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /usr/local/lib/libpytrilinos.11.dylib

In particular, the error occurs when trying to run
unit tests of deal.II library. I must say that deal.II does not use
PyTrilinos interfaces anyhow, yet Trilinos with python is a default
build in Homebrew. Thus this scenario is naturally triggered.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem are much appreciated.
The corresponding discussion of this issue on GitHub is here:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-science/issues/2148

Kind regards,
Denis