[Trilinos-Users] Smallest Eigenvalues

Pate Motter pate.motter at colorado.edu
Mon Mar 30 20:29:46 MDT 2015

Hi Alicia,

I have been playing with Epetra some more, but am getting stuck with a segfault. I took the example at (http://trilinos.org/docs/r11.12/packages/anasazi/doc/html/BlockKrylovSchur_2BlockKrylovSchurEpetraExGenBelos_8cpp-example.html) and tried to change it as little as possible to what I want.

The only thing I have changed so far is the default K and M CrsMatrix objects to the following:
    //Teuchos::RCP<Epetra_CrsMatrix> K = Teuchos::rcp( const_cast<Epetra_CrsMatrix *>(testCase->getStiffness()), false );
    //Teuchos::RCP<Epetra_CrsMatrix> M = Teuchos::rcp( const_cast<Epetra_CrsMatrix *>(testCase->getMass()), false );
    Epetra_CrsMatrix *A;
    EpetraExt::MatrixMarketFileToCrsMatrix("LFAT5.mtx", Comm, A);
    Teuchos::RCP<Epetra_CrsMatrix> K(A, false), M(A, false);

The code segfaults when creating the Ifpack factory just a few lines later:
Teuchos::RCP<Ifpack_Preconditioner> Prec = Teuchos::rcp( Factory.Create(PrecType, &*K, OverlapLevel) );

It seems to be an issue with how I am assigning the matrices via raw pointers and the RCPs. I wasn't sure if there was a clear way to avoid this since reading in the MatrixMarket file has to be passed a raw pointer to the Epetra_CrsMatrix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Pate