[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_CrsMatrix::InsertGlobalValues

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Sun Mar 8 08:51:55 MDT 2015

Antonella,

The interpretation of having multiple instances of a nonzero value is that the entries should have an additive effect.  Since these are global objects, I think this is the only reasonable way to interpret multiple instances of a value.

If you want the 1.0 value simultaneously on two or more processors, this suggests that you are doing some kind of ghosting operation, which is typically support through other means than replicating values.

Mike