[Trilinos-Users] Anasazi: Update Preconditioner

Alicia Klinvex aklinvex at purdue.edu
Mon Mar 2 19:46:07 MST 2015

Hello Sander,

Here's my suggestion (although you may want Heidi's input as well):

1.  Write your own status test.  I think we have an example in the repo
regarding this.  The status test gives you access to the solver.  The
solver can grab the searchspace.
2.  Change your preconditioner.
3.  Call setAuxVecs with the converged vectors so they can be properly
deflated.
3.  Set your new initial set of vectors ivecs based on the searchspace you
grabbed before.  Be VERY careful not to include anything that already
converged; otherwise, you'll see an orthogonalization issue when the solver
projects the auxVecs out of your initial subspace.  I'll explain in greater
detail if this is an error you come across.
4.  Call solve.

As always, let me know if something is unclear.

Best wishes,
Alicia

PS: I love that you call your solver a "he."  I do the exact same thing :-)