[Trilinos-Users] Maps having multiple local indices per processor for a single given global index

Michael Brothers brothers.michael.d at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:27:50 EDT 2015

Hello,

in order to allow a sequential memory access pattern while maintaining
managed importing and exporting I would like to specify maps which contain
multiple local indices per processor for a single given global index.

In other words I want to be able to do this:

Num processors: 2
Global indices: 0,1,2,3
Globals owned by processor one: 0,3,1,1,0,2
Globals owned by processor two:  2,1,3,3,2,0

Such that the resulting Epetra/Tpetra vectors have duplicated elements,
even within the same processor.

I am aware this would increase memory use substantially, but this is not
the most important concern.

Obviously I could just write some code in an attempt to do this, but that
would not tell me immediately if the code were failing silently.

Is this an official mode of use?

Thanks,
Michael D. Brothers