[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos history visualized, package activity, coverity report

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:44:48 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

A little meta information on Trilinos this Friday:

1.) I renewed the Trilinos history visualization from three years ago.
Check out <https://youtu.be/R3JG3PtFCNU> to see how Trilinos developed over
the years.

2.) Besides Trilinos itself, I mirrored a couple of Trilinos packages into <
https://github.com/trilinos/>. This gives you some nice statistics about
package activity, most active contributors etc. For example, check out ML <
https://github.com/trilinos/ml/graphs/contributors> vs. MueLu <
https://github.com/trilinos/muelu/graphs/contributors>.

3.) The Coverity report for Trilinos [1] lists several hundred fixed
defects since the beginning of the year. Nice!

Of course, there are still many outstanding bugs, too, a good part
fullfilling Coverity's "high impact" criteria (which is how this overview
is sorted):

The defect list isn't publicly visible for obvious reasons, but if you're
developer you can sign up at [1] to get access.

A good weekend to everyone!

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/1680?tab=overview