[Trilinos-Users] Fwd: Trilinos build warnings

Daniel Ibanez dan.a.ibanez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:49:00 EDT 2015

This seems to come from here:

https://github.com/TriBITSPub/TriBITS/blob/master/tribits/core/package_arch/TribitsAdjustPackageEnables.cmake#L191

And is also checked in TriBITS unit tests.

In my opinion, it does not make sense to issue
a warning here because the user has explicitly set
${DEP_PKG}_ALLOW_MISSING_EXTERNAL_PACKAGE,
which means they are perfectly aware of the package's
possible absence (and later prints will still inform them
whether it is missing or not, as information rather than warnings).

As some important background for others on trilinos-users,
these packages were added to Trilinos' top-level package list to work around
the fact that TriBITS cannot accurately model the dependencies
at the sub-package level and also does not allow packages
in Trilinos to depend on packages brought in through
EXTRA_REPOSITORIES.
This was not our favorite design, but is necessitated by
that combination of issues.