[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Build stops before completion

Bradley, Andrew Michael ambradl at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 14 14:06:51 EDT 2015

Hi Ruchira,

I think the reason it looks like it came to a stop mysteriously is that you're running the build with 16 processes in parallel. Hence the error occurred somewhere possibly much higher in the build output. That stopped one process. The others chugged on until they finished their current assignments.

You might run simply "make" at this point so it runs with just one process. That will skip over everything already built and likely fail fairly quickly with the error. Alternatively, redirect the build output to a file and grep for "Error:"  to find the cause.

Cheers,

Andrew