[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] question about MueLu (AMG) setting

Ouchi Hisanao ouchi at joe.co.jp
Fri Jul 10 17:46:05 EDT 2015

Hi Andrey,

Thank you very much for your reply.

According to your advice, I modified my input deck based on a new style
(please see the bottom of my email) and simply add the following sentence
as you suggested.

<Parameter name="repartition: enable" type="bool" value="true"/>

However, I could not execute my code successfully since the following error
message appeared.

-------------- ---------------------------- error messeage
'MueLu::Exceptions::RuntimeError'
  what():  CoordinatesTransferFactory::DeclareInput: (LevelID = 0) unable
to find or generate requested data "Coordinates" with generating factory
"null"
    during request for data "    Coordinates" on level 0 by factory
CoordinatesTransferFactory
    during request for data "    Coordinates" on level 1 by factory
RebalanceTransferFactory
    during request for data "              P" on level 1 by factory
NoFactory

This error message appears not only in my program in my Ubuntu but also in
the sample code in the MueLu virtual machine image distributed by Sandia as
a tutorial. In the case of the MueLu virtual machine image, I just added
the following sentence in the simplest example input deck  (n1_easy.xml)
and executed the simplest example problem in the MueLu tutorial (Laplace 2D
50x50).

<Parameter name="repartition: enable" type="bool" value="true"/>

Do you have any idea to resolve this error?

Best regards,

Hisanao

----------------------------- modified input deck
-------------------------------------
<ParameterList name="MueLu">

  <Parameter name="verbosity" type="string" value="high"/>

  <Parameter name="max levels" type="int" value="10"/>
  <Parameter name="coarse: max size" type="int" value="10"/>

  <Parameter name="multigrid algorithm" type="string" value="sa"/>
  <Parameter name="sa: damping factor"  type="double" value="1.0"/>

  <!-- Smoothing -->
  <!-- Comment/uncomment different sections to try different smoothers -->
  <Parameter name="smoother: type" type="string" value="ILUT"/>

 <!-- Rebalancing -->
  <Parameter name="repartition: enable" type="bool" value="true"/>

  <!-- Aggregation -->
  <Parameter name="aggregation: type" type="string" value="uncoupled"/>
  <Parameter name="aggregation: min agg size" type="int" value="4"/>

</ParameterList>