[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Zoltan2 RCB Bounding box algorithm not implemented

Devine, Karen D kddevin at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 9 15:28:41 EDT 2015

Zoltan2's interface differs from Zoltan's.  Zoltan2 does not use callbacks to implement a partitioning algorithms' model. Instead, it uses adapters that describe the user's data in a way that allows Zoltan2 to implement the model it needs.   Adapters are defined for matrices, meshes, graphs, and vectors.  Specific instantiations are provided for Trilinos classes in Tpetra, Epetra, and Pamgen, as well as data in C-style arrays.  Examples using the adapters are in the directories zoltan2/example and zoltan2/test/partition.

Migration is implemented in the adapters' method applyPartitioningSolution.  An example using this method is in zoltan2/test/partition/partitioning1.cpp.

To help with your transition from Zoltan to Zoltan2, you could transition in stages.  For example, you could use Zoltan2's Multijagged method for partitioning, and Zoltan's Help_Migrate function for the migration.  Or you could use Zoltan's Help_Migrate to implement applyPartitioningSolution in your adapter.  That way, you could test your changes more incrementally.