[Trilinos-Users] scaling with trilinos tpetra and anasazi solvers

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Thu Jan 29 05:03:34 MST 2015

Mike,

It is hard to say for sure why you are seeing the results you have.  One thing you could do is write a simple MPI code that does a vector operation such as:

int localn = 50000000/size; // size is the number of MPI ranks

// define arrays x, y, w appropriately

// define ntrials so that the job runs a significant amount of time.

 for (int j=0; j< ntrials; ++j)

     ?for (int i=0; i< localn; ++i) w[i] += alpha*x[i] + y[i];

With a tridiagonal system and the power method, your computation and data access should be similar to the above operation.  This should give you some sense of what to expect.

Mike