[Trilinos-Users] scaling with trilinos tpetra and anasazi solvers

Mike Atambo mikeat4999 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 06:29:30 MST 2015

 My apology,  i send an earlier email to an older thread,  this is a
correction.

Im trying to solve a  system using  tpetra and anasazi's krylov-shur,  but
there seems to
be no scaling with number of processors,  i tried to run  some of the
examples, and
they reflect the same things i saw in my code,

attached (If list accepts attachments... hoping)  is the  lesson_03 power
 method,  changed to  create a tridiagonal sparse  matrix,
with about   50 000 000  global indices,   the run time seems the same  for
 2 to 16 processors,
is there something im missing?

$ time  mpirun -np 2  ./powerm.x
real 3m16.014s
user 3m5.610s
sys 0m4.452s

$ time  mpirun -np 8  ./powerm.x | grep  real
real 3m14.229s
user 3m7.938s
sys 0m4.939s

$ time  mpirun -np 16  ./powerm.x