[Trilinos-Users] Zoltan question

Erik Boman egboman at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 21 09:21:45 MST 2015

John,

Zoltan assumes "everyone" has MPI on parallel machines so there is no
abstraction layer above that. However, Zoltan only uses a small subset
of MPI so you could implement that subset in your own messaging library
and link with that as a "fake" MPI library. We use that approach for
serial builds, so it should work.

Erik