[Trilinos-Users] [11.12.1] UMFPACK>=5.6.0 from Suite-sparse 4.4.2 does not have UFconfig.h

Denis Davydov davydden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:08:07 MST 2015

Hi Ross,
> On 15 Jan 2015, at 19:11, Bartlett, Roscoe A. <bartlettra at ornl.gov> wrote:
>
> We could allow the user to override the list of headers to look for with a given (generic) TPLs.  For example, for UMFPACK you could configure with:
>
>   -D UMFPACK_HEADER_NAMES=”umfpack.h;amd.h;UFconfig.h;SuiteSparse_config.h”
>
> That would mirror what is already supported for overriding the list of library names with for a TPL, for example, with:
>
>   -D UMFPACK_LIBRARY_NAMES=”<name1>;<name2>;…”
>
> Would that be sufficient in the short term?

IMHO that would be a perfectly fine short-term solution.
The question is if that solution will be cherry-picked to the stable release
with a subsequent updated release.

I made it working for my machine (OS-X, suite-sparse, Homebrew, etc),
so I am not that dependent on the presence of the solution.
But it seems there are more people who would like to have that flexibility.

The only downside is that if someone inexperienced messes up with it then
there ain’t gonna be warning/errors at CMake stage, but rather at compilation time, i suppose.

Best regards,
Denis.