[Trilinos-Users] Scalapack 2.0.2 and Blacs

Bartlett, Roscoe A. bartlettra at ornl.gov
Thu Jan 15 07:04:05 MST 2015

Denis,

> I just realised that this are warnings only, supposedly it still plays fine and
> links against SCALAPACK.

This is historical behavior of the find modules. However, you will see some find modules that require that all listed libs be found.  See MUST_FIND_ALL_LIBS at:

    https://tribits.org/doc/TribitsDevelopersGuide.html#tribits-tpl-find-include-dirs-and-libraries

Again, this behavior is historical and I can't seem to find a discussion of why this was the behavior but this is a case where it seems to have worked out.

NOTE: If you don't like this warning you can always configure with:

   -D SCALAPACK_LIBRARY_NAMES=scalapack

as described here:

    https://tribits.org/doc/TribitsBuildQuickRef.html#enabling-support-for-an-optional-third-party-library-tpl

and that will avoid the search for the other libs and the warnings.

Perhaps this should be a "note" and not a "warning"?

The other problem we have is that we don't have a way in general to require or search for specific versions of TPLs.

Cheers,

-Ross

Dr. Roscoe A. Bartlett, PhD
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
CASL Physics Integration Software Engineering Lead
Trilinos Software Engineering Technologies and Integration Lead
http://web.ornl.gov/~8vt/