[Trilinos-Users] Anasazi timers

Hysom, David A. hysom1 at llnl.gov
Sun Jan 4 15:29:04 MST 2015

Happy new year, all!

We are writing an asynchronous eigensolver-based code.
By "asynchronous" I mean: we spin off a group of processors that
runs Anasazi on one matrix; a second group that simultaneously
runs Anasazi on a second matrix; etc.

In our serial prototype
we my analyzing runtime performance using the Anasazi/Teuchos
timers. However, these apparently assume that all processors in
MPI_COMM_WORLD participate in every solve. Since this was not
our case, our code hung.

We got around this by compiling Trilinos without the timers.
So our code now works -- but we can't get the timing breakdown
for the various solve stages that we'd like.

So my question is: is there any reasonably easy way to modify Anasazi
to get rid of this global-participation requirement?

thanks, David