[Trilinos-Users] Converting 1D to 2D matrix in Tpetra

Hysom, David A. hysom1 at llnl.gov
Sun Jan 4 15:18:13 MST 2015

Hi,

I'm a novice to Tpetra's import/export capabilities, and would like
to know if there's an easy way to do the following
(ref: http://www.sandia.gov/~srajama/publications/2dpart_SC13.pdf  )

We have a row-partitioned 1D CrsMatrix, and would like to construct a
2D matrix. Using some code that Karen D. gave us a couple of years ago,
a processor (wrt the 1D matrix) can determine which processor should
receive every edge that it (the 1D matrix) owns. However, I think that,
in order to construct the required Map for the 2D case, the receiving
processor (wrt the 2D matrix) needs this information. Is this the case?
If so, is there any (reasonably easy) way to use Tpetra to convey this mapping information, or do we need to write our own low-level MPI calls?

(I suspect I may not have explained this very well, so please ask
for clarification!)

thanks, David