[Trilinos-Users] RCP<Epetra_MultiVector> convertion

Antonella Longo antonella.longo at ingv.it
Wed Feb 11 06:37:26 MST 2015

We have a Teuchos::RCP<Epetra_MultiVector> X made of only 1 column,
and we want to convert this vector into a simple Epetra_Vector.
We used the following functions:

      const Teuchos::RCP<Epetra_Vector> x_rcp =
        Teuchos::rcpWithEmbeddedObj( (*X)(1), X, false );

      Epetra_Vector* x = x_rcp.getRawPtr();

We can compile these functions, but when we try to print out both
x_rcp and x we do not get any result (files are not written), the code
stops
with error: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'.

What are we doing wrong?

Antonella Longo
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Sezione di Pisa
Via Uguccione della Faggiola, 32
Pisa, Italy
email: antonella.longo at ingv.it