[Trilinos-Users] LSQR solver

Antonella Longo antonella.longo at ingv.it
Mon Feb 9 07:48:41 MST 2015

We wrote a wrapper to use the LSQR solver which is made of an empty
constructor, and a function execute with input arguments the matrix, the
lhs, and the rhs of our linear system to be solved.
The input arguments are a square matrix with the global number of rows
and columns equal to 579300, and vectors x and b with the same size,
that are all distributed over 4 PIDs.
The body of the execute function is same as in the example file
"PrecLSQREpetraExFile.cpp" where we removed the instructions for the
definition of the linear system (matrix, lhs, rhs and relative maps) reading
information from a file.
Our wrapper seems to work fine until the preconditioner starts and stops
immediately before this instruction:
"IFPACK_CHK_ERR(Prec->Initialize());"
What can be the possible error?
Any suggestion would be helpful.

Antonella Longo
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Sezione di Pisa
Via Uguccione della Faggiola, 32
Pisa, Italy
email: antonella.longo at ingv.it