[Trilinos-Users] Confusing behavior from Anasazi

Rutherford, Joseph M jmruther at illinois.edu
Sat Dec 19 20:31:49 EST 2015

Anasazi team:

When I attempt to solve a non-Hermitian real or complex eigenvalue problem for the smallest magnitude Eigenvalues, Anasazi freezes with full CPU utilization.  Largest magnitude eigenvalue solves converge.  Does anyone have guidance for how to determine what I'm doing wrong?

I seem to be stuck in the while(doGramSchmidt) loop at line 564 of AnasaziSVBQOrthoManager.cpp.

I should point out that in my nontrivial cases which do converge the answers are in disagreement with other tools. However, it seems more important to resolve the hanging than to figure out why the answers differ. The test C++ code can be shared if need be.

Sincerely,

Joe