[Trilinos-Users] Applying Anasazi::BlockKrylovSchurSolMgr

Alicia Klinvex aklinvex at purdue.edu
Sun Dec 13 01:33:01 EST 2015

Hello Joseph,

BKS tries to build a subspace of dimension block_size * num_blocks.  If the
dimension of your problem n is less than that subspace dimension, it's
impossible to orthogonalize the basis vectors (since you can't generate 10
orthogonal vectors within a subspace of dimension 4).  Perhaps we should
modify the error message to make this clearer.

Can you try a slightly larger example, perhaps 10x10, with block_size 1 and
num_blocks < 10?

Best wishes,
Alicia

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Rutherford, Joseph M <jmruther at illinois.edu