[Trilinos-Users] linking in MPI tracing TPL

Spelce, Thomas thomas.spelce at intel.com
Thu Dec 10 11:45:27 EST 2015

I’m trying to link in a simple MPI tracing library to an app (miniPIC)  built on top of trilinos. I’ve tried a couple variations of specifying the library such as adding

"-D Trilinos_EXTRA_LINK_FLAGS:STRING=“path_to_library/library.a” \ " as the last line of my trilinos “do-donfigure” script. The subsequent configuration and build process proceeds without error, but after building miniPIC I’m not getting the trace data I’m expecting. I know there’s a more complicated path using TPL’s, etc, but I’d like to avoid that if possible.

What’s the preferred way to link in the single library to enable my desired effect?

Tom Spelce