[Trilinos-Users] No Kokkos Core

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:15:49 EDT 2015

Dear all,

following your suggestions I was moving to Kokkos, to see how I can use
non-POD types with Tpetra.

However, I cannot find any Kokkos Core headers in my installation:

sensei:12.0.1% ls -1 include/Kokk*
include/KokkosRank.hpp
include/Kokkos_AnalyzeSacadoShape.hpp
include/Kokkos_ConfigDefs.hpp
include/Kokkos_DefaultKernels.hpp
include/Kokkos_DefaultNode.hpp
include/Kokkos_SerialNode.hpp
include/Kokkos_View_Fad.hpp

Currently I am using homebrew as package manager, which downloads the
source code and compiles it. The default option is to install every
package along with optional ones, as you can see from the arguments:

     args  = %W[-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=#{prefix} -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release]
     args += %w[-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON
                -DTPL_ENABLE_BLAS=ON
                -DTPL_ENABLE_LAPACK=ON
                -DTPL_ENABLE_Zlib:BOOL=ON
                -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES=ON
                -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_OPTIONAL_PACKAGES=ON
                -DTrilinos_ENABLE_TESTS:BOOL=ON
                -DTrilinos_ENABLE_EXAMPLES:BOOL=ON
                -DTrilinos_VERBOSE_CONFIGURE:BOOL=OFF
                -DTrilinos_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS_FLAGS=""
                -DTrilinos_ENABLE_OpenMP:BOOL=OFF]

I've tried with the same options with a freshly downloaded source, but
it won't compile due to some symbols not found (I have to disable Boost,
in addition):

[ 36%] Building Fortran object
packages/seacas/libraries/svdi/CMakeFiles/svdi_cgi.dir/cgi/svdi_addrwrap.F.o
[ 36%] Linking Fortran shared library libsvdi_cgi.dylib
   "_cdr1ch_", referenced from:
       _wpstkl_ in pst_vdipst.f.o
       _wmet05_ in met_vdimet.f.o
       _wmetkl_ in met_vdimet.f.o
   "_cdra2c_", referenced from:
   "_cdrtbk_", referenced from:
       _wpstlw_ in pst_vdipst.f.o
       _wpstix_ in pst_vdipst.f.o
       _wpstle_ in pst_vdipst.f.o
       _wpstii_ in pst_vdipst.f.o
       _wmetix_ in met_vdimet.f.o
       _wmetle_ in met_vdimet.f.o
make[2]: *** [packages/seacas/libraries/svdi/libsvdi_cgi.12.2.1.dylib]
Error 1
make[1]: ***
[packages/seacas/libraries/svdi/CMakeFiles/svdi_cgi.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Are Kokkos Core headers included in standard installations? And why is
the linker producing those symbols not found?

Thanks for any help!