[Trilinos-Users] Unable to get started with Trilinos/Epetra

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at CSBSJU.EDU
Thu Aug 13 12:00:02 EDT 2015

Zachi,

I don’t know why you have more than one definition of Epetra_Version(), but the likely cause for missing references is that you have built shared libraries but don’t have the Trilinos libraries in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Just a guess.

Mike

From: Trilinos-Users <trilinos-users-bounces at trilinos.org<mailto:trilinos-users-bounces at trilinos.org>> on behalf of Zachi Shtain <shtain at campus.technion.ac.il<mailto:shtain at campus.technion.ac.il>>
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM
To: "trilinos-users at trilinos.org<mailto:trilinos-users at trilinos.org>" <trilinos-users at trilinos.org<mailto:trilinos-users at trilinos.org>>
Subject: [Trilinos-Users] Unable to get started with Trilinos/Epetra

Hello,
I've recently installed the Trilinos library on my Ubuntu computer. As far as I
can tell, the installation went well, however, when I tried to run the "hello world"
example of initializing Epetra for a non-MPI code (The third code in
https://code.google.com/p/trilinos/wiki/EpetraLesson01), I received the
following errors:

·         Multiple definition of 'Epetra_Version()'

·         Undefined reference to 'Epetra_SerialComm::~Epetra_SerialComm()'

·         Undefined reference to 'Epetra_SerialComm::Epetra_SerialComm()'

Again, as far as, I can tell, I've added the include files and the libraries to the project
using the Eclipse CDT Mars version. While the last two errors might be a result of my lack
of experience with using external library in that specific IDE, the first one completely baffled me.

Any help with these problems would be most appreciated.
With Regards,
Zachi Shtain