[Trilinos-Users] Tpetra alternative to Epetra_MpiComm::SumAll()

Truman Ellis truman at ices.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 20 14:03:51 MDT 2015

I'm currently in the progress of transitioning our code from explicit use
of doubles and Epetra to a templated version with Tpetra with the intention
of supporting std::complex<double> solves. In part of our code we have
Epetra_MpiComm Comm(MPI_COMM_WORLD);
Comm.SumAll(&mySumCopy, &mySum, 1);
where mySumCopy and mySum are doubles.
I noticed there was documentation for Tpetra:Comm with SumAll (I also need
ScanSum) which matched this Epetra version:
http://trilinos.org/docs/r8.0/packages/tpetra/doc/html/classTpetra_1_1Comm.html
But when I tried to use this, I got
Tpetra_MpiComm.hpp: No such file or directory.
So I'm guessing this was deprecated in favor of all MPI stuff being done
with Teuchos::Comm, but Teuchos::Comm doesn't have SumAll or ScanSum
methods. I'm guessing the equivalent calls would be to
Teuchos::Comm::reduceAllAndScatter and scan with
Teuchos::SumValueReductionOp passed in as the first argument. But I'm not
really sure what arguments I need to complete the call to get the same
results as the Epetra_Comm::SumAll and ScanSum methods produce.

Thanks,
Truman Ellis