[Trilinos-Users] load a large sparse matrix to a Tpetra CRS matrix in parallel

Zheng Da zhengda1936 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:33:29 MDT 2015

Hello,

I want to load a very large sparse matrix (60M rows and columns and
3.6B non-zero entries) to Tpetra Crs_matrix. Can I load the sparse
matrix to Tpetra Crs_matrix with multiple threads?

Right now, I'm using insertGlobalValues() to insert non-zero entries
in each row. It's very slow. I tried to use OpenMP to parallelize it
and the program crashed. Is there a faster way to load the sparse
matrix? Currently, the sparse matrix is stored in my own format.

Thanks,
Da