[Trilinos-Users] problem of mapping

Antonella Longo longo at pi.ingv.it
Mon Sep 15 06:38:15 MDT 2014

I am working with an MPI finite element code, by using mapping from Trilinos Package, where the nodes of the mesh are distributed according to a map (let us call it single_mesh_nodes) with local and global identifier.

I need to make a new map (let us call it double_mesh_nodes) which should include the double number of nodes. The double_mesh_nodes should be constructed taking as first part the single_mesh_nodes, and afterwards starting again from the first node but assigning it new local and global identifiers.

In other words, after the last global and local identifiers node (last_GID, and last_LID respectively) is reached, we should have again the first node but with a global identifier value of maximum GID +1, and a local identifier of maximum LID +1, and so on for the following nodes.

As an example, if we had a mesh of 4 nodes, with single_mesh_nodes LIDs = 0, 1, 2, 3, and GIDs = 0, 3, 2, 1, the double_mesh_nodes should have 4+4 nodes with LIDs = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and GIDs = 0, 3, 2, 1, 4, 7, 6, 5, that corresponds to the addition of the maximum GID number of the first 4 nodes to the single GIDs.

Can you suggest me how to construct this new map?

Antonella Longo
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Sezione di Pisa
Via Uguccione della Faggiola, 32
Pisa, Italy
Tel. office: 050 8311939