[Trilinos-Users] playing with overlaped map

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at CSBSJU.EDU
Thu Nov 20 07:20:41 MST 2014

Please describe the “bigger picture” of what you are doing.  There are several ways to address this kind of issue, but the best approach depends on other details.

Mike

From: Sunghwan Choi <sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com<mailto:sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 2:20 AM
To: "trilinos-users at software.sandia.gov<mailto:trilinos-users at software.sandia.gov>" <trilinos-users at software.sandia.gov<mailto:trilinos-users at software.sandia.gov>>
Subject: [Trilinos-Users] playing with overlaped map

Dear all,
I need to do something with overlapped map, which has no one-to-one correspondence between global index and the pair of a local index and a processor number.
Then, how do I do some operation without overlapping?

For example
RCP<MultiVector> mutivector = rcp(new MultiVector(map,2) )
numMyElement = vector.getMaxLocalIndex()
For (int i=0;i<numMyElement;i++){
           multivector.sumIntoLocalValue(i,0,&val);
}

If I print ‘multivector’, I can check the printed values are multiply added.

Is there good way to my case?

Sincerely
Sunghwan Choi