[Trilinos-Users] error in compiling trilinos

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at CSBSJU.EDU
Sat Nov 8 08:28:30 MST 2014

Hitesh,

This is very basic C++ code and has been stable for years.  We have seen
this error before, but I don¹t believe it was an Epetra error.  This
particular version of GCC was the issue then as well.

The work around at the time was as follows:

Turns out if you compile with the flags "-O3 and -ftrapv" then it fails to
compile.  dropping to -O2 or removing -ftrapv will allow epetra to compile
correctly.

Please check to see if the same idea works for you.

Mike