[Trilinos-Users] EpetraExt::CrsGraph_Transpose

Bertagna, Luca lbertag at emory.edu
Mon May 19 13:55:53 MDT 2014

Dear all,

I was trying to use the class CrsGraph_Transpose in EpetraExt to get the graph of the transpose of a NON-SQUARE matrix and I noticed that it would not work. In particular, it looks like the class assumes that the matrix is square. I was wondering if that's a design choice or just something that happened but not intended. In particular, I think the class would still work the same if you replace the occurrences of RowMap (which is the row map of the given graph) at lines 103-104 and 133 (only the first occurrence of RowMap) in file EpetraExt_Transpose_CrsGraph.cpp with graph.DomainMap().

Am I correct? If not, can you explain why this would not work for non-square matrices?

Thanks

Luca Bertagna
Math&CS, Emory University, Atlanta
www.mathcs.emory.edu/~lbertag