[Trilinos-Users] Tpetra+Anasazi performance

David Hysom hysom1 at llnl.gov
Wed May 14 11:36:32 MDT 2014

Hi,

Please see the attached for an example of what we're seeing for
strong scaling for LOBPCG+Tpetra, in a shared memory environment.
Bottom line is, this example shows a speedup of 3.0
We've run many problems with varying parameters/matrices, and typically
only see speedups between 2.0 and 3.0

Is this expected? Is there anything wrt upcoming trilinos development
that might increase scalability?

Stats are for trilinos-11.6.1

A second question: we've tested with OpenMP, Pthreads, and TBB.
We always find that OpenMP gives the best results (shortest execution
time), although Pthreads and TBB are reasonably close. Do you know
of circumstances (not limited to Anasazi) where Pthreads or TBB
outperform OpenMP?

thanks, David