[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Running Rythmos DAE with a user defined Epetra_Operator as Jacobian

Andrea Mola amola at sissa.it
Mon May 5 10:34:18 MDT 2014

Eric,
I am currently using version 11.2.3, but maybe the issue isn't there. I
realized the problem was most likely my fault. The create_W method in
the model evaluator class was returning an Epetra_CrsMatrix. I never
called that method, so I din't know it was effectively used.
Nonetheless, I now run into a further exception

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
   what():
/home/amola/trilinos-11.2.3-Source/packages/thyra/adapters/epetraext/src/model_evaluator/Thyra_EpetraModelEvaluator.cpp:751:

Throw number = 1

Throw test that evaluated to true: !allFuncsWhereScaled

Error, we can not currently handle epetra output objects that could not
be scaled.  Special code will have to be added to handle this (i.e.
using implicit diagonal and multiplied linear operators to implicitly do
the scaling.

which is maybe called because in my operator some methods are not
properly set.
However, given the possible preconditioning problems you are hinting at,
I'm converting everything into a Thyra model evaluator, as previously
suggested by Roscoe.
Thanks for the help.

        Andrea