[Trilinos-Users] Different Convergence behavior of Anasazi with Tpetra and Epetra

SungHwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:34:39 MDT 2014

Dear all,
Hi I am Sunghwan Choi.
I recently moved from Epetra to Tpetra in order to run my code on GPU.
Before running it on GPU, I had tested the Tpetra-version-code on MPI
parallel environment. I faced the convergence problem of Anasazi; it does
not occur with Epetra.

I built the same matrix and diagonalize the constructed matrix with the
same parameters and the same processors but Tpetra required more iteration
number. It is not the situation that I expected. The speed of two
subpackages might be different but the iteration number should be the same.
Interestingly, the final result of two subpackages are the same

I don't know whether it is conventional situation or not. If you have some
information on this problem, please let me know

Sincerely
Sunghwan Choi