[Trilinos-Users] insertion/deletion in Tpetra vector/multivector

Templeton, Jeremy Alan jatempl at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 13 09:16:51 MDT 2014

Hi there.  I'm using Tpetra multi vectors to represent data that can be adaptively updated, i.e., there is the need to efficiently remove and insert elements.  What I've done in other codes is maintain a double * allocated beyond the length needed which can then be wrapped by a vector class by telling it the fill length and letting the vector do efficient math.  Insertion and deletion are then either constant or log N time depending on whether the array is unsorted or sorted.  Is there a way to get this same functionality directly with multi vector, or failing that, is there an easy way to manage a C++ array and have the multi vector wrap that?
Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy A. Templeton, Ph.D.
Thermal/Fluid Sciences & Engineering