[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Trilinos Build Problem

Gary.Myers.Contractor at unnpp.gov Gary.Myers.Contractor at unnpp.gov
Fri Jan 17 10:15:14 MST 2014

Brent and Kermit,

Thanks for the suggestions.  Although its goes against what I want in my
final product, I did set BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to OFF.  However, I still get
a similar error in Teuchos.  In either case for BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, I
think TEUCHOSCORE_LIB_DLL_EXPORT is being defined, but as an empty
macro.  However, because this macro is being used in some declarations,
it is producing compiling errors. It's not clear to me how I am digging
myself into this hole, so I am in the process of getting output files
over to a computer so I can share with everyone.  In the mean time, here
is my configuration command line which I am typing into this e-mail (so
there may be some typos). Because many items are referenced from
nonstandard areas, they need to be explicitly defined in the cmake
commandline.

cmake -D BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON \
	-D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING='Rlease' \
	-D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH (path name here) \
	-D Trilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES:BOOL=ON \
	-D Trilinos_ENABLE_ALL_OPTIONAL_PACKAGES:BOOL=ON \
	-D Trilinos_ENABLE_TESTS:BOOL=ON \
	-D Trilinos_ENABLE_SECONDARY_STABLE_CODE:BOOL=ON \
	-D Trilinos_ENABLE_Fortran:BOOL=ON \
	-D TPL_ENABLE_MPI:BOOL=ON \
	-D MPI_BASE_DIR:PATH= (path name here) \
	-D MPI_EXEC:FILEPATH= (path name here) \
	-D MPI_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH= (path name to openmpi 1.4.5 mpicc) \
	-D MPI_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH= (path name to openmpi 1.4.5
mpicxx) \
	-D MPI_Fortran_COMPILER:FILEPATH= (path name to openmpi 1.4.5
mpif90) \
	-D TPL_ENABLE_Boost:BOOL=ON \
	-D Boost_LIBRARY_DIRS:PATH= (path name here) \
	-D Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS:PATH= (path name here) \
	-D TPL_ENABLE_MKL:BOOL=ON \
	-D MKL_LIBRARY_DIRS:FILEPATH= (path name to intel64 libraries) \
	-D MKL_INCLUDE_DIRS:FILEPATH= (path name to intel64 includes) \
	-D MKL_LIBRARY_NAMES:STRING='mkl_rt' \
	-D DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH= (path name) \
	-D Netcdf_INCLUDE_DIRS:PATH= (path name) \
	-D Netcdf_LIBRARY_DIRS:PATH= (path name) \
	-D Matio_INCLUDE_DIRS:PATH= (path name) \
	-D Matio_LIBRARY_DIRS:PATH= (path name) \
	-D PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH= (path name to python 2.7.5) \
	-D PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS:PATH= (path name to python 2.7.5
includes) \
	-D PYTHON_LIBRARIES:PATH= (path list to python 2.7 libraries) \
	-D BLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS:PATH= (path to intel64 library ) \
	-D BLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES:STRING='mkl_rt' \
	-D LAPACK_LIBRARY_DIRS:PATH= (path to intel64 library ) \
	-D LAPACK_LIBRARY_NAMES:STRING= 'mkl_rt' \
	(path name to source distribution for trilinos 11.4.2)

Error occurs in line 82 of Teuchos_ScalarTraits.hpp - this declaration
has no storage class or type specifier
	TEUCHOSCORE_LIB_DLL_EXPORT

Error occurs in line 83 of Teuchos_ScalarTrailts.hpp - expected a ;
	Void throwScalarTraitsNanInfError( const std::string &errMsg );

Please note that if I disable Teuchos I am successful, but then I lose
too many other packages which are important to me.  Any additional
guidance of how I can dig out of this hole would be great.

Regards,

Gary T. Myers
Principal Scientist
Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corp.