[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Split Exodus II file based on blocks.

Sjaardema, Gregory D gdsjaar at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 14 07:53:55 MST 2014

You could use multiple runs of grepos.  In each run, delete all blocks
except for the blocks that you want in a specific file.

To make this a little easier, there is a "delete block all" followed by
"undelete block <id>".  This is not an automatic splitting and also note
that it works off of the block ids and not the block names.

There is no automatic "split this file into the pieces from which it was
made" application.
..Greg