[Trilinos-Users] Split Exodus II file based on blocks.

Afanasiev Michael michael.afanasiev at erdw.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 14 04:04:24 MST 2014

Hi everyone,

I’ve written a code that current uses the Ejoin utility from the SEACAS package to merge many exodus files into one master file, and then processes this master file. I’d like to now split this modified master file back into the constituent blocks. Each individual file merged via Ejoin appears as a unique block in the master file.

Is there a way to split Exodus files based on their internal block numbering?

Thanks very much for any help.

Cheers,
Mike.
--