[Trilinos-Users] [CMAKE] linking trilinos with other app

Sunghwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 05:48:05 MST 2014

I got the cmake warning when I compile my app with trilinos library. I
modified the CMakeLists.txt in
http://trilinos.sandia.gov/Finding_Trilinos.txt .

But whenever I did cmake, I got several tens of warnings such as

CMake Warning (dev) at
/appl/trilinos/libs/lib/cmake/Trilinos/TrilinosTargets.cmake:109
(ADD_LIBRARY):

  ADD_LIBRARY called with SHARED option but the target platform does not

  support dynamic linking.  Building a STATIC library instead.  This may
lead

  to problems.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  /appl/trilinos/libs/lib/cmake/Trilinos/TrilinosConfig.cmake:103 (INCLUDE)

  Find_Trilinos.cmake:23 (FIND_PACKAGE)

  CMakeLists.txt:17 (INCLUDE)

This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

If I ignored it, I faced the error when I link trilinos with my app.

/usr/bin/ld: attempted static link of dynamic object
`/appl/trilinos/libs/lib/libanasazitpetra.so'

I don't know how to fix it. If anyone has a piece of idea, please let me
know

Sunghwan Choi