[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_FECrsGraph and EpetraFECrsMatrix Assembly.

Kevin Tew Kevin_Tew at byu.edu
Sun Dec 7 08:32:24 MST 2014

I’m trying to solve a linear system using two processors.

I’ve created an Epetra_FECrsGraph where processors have overlapping rows and cols in their Epetra_Map RowMaps and ColMaps.
I then call Epetra_FECrsGraph.GlobalAssemble( with custom Domain and Range Maps ) where the Domain and Range Maps are UnigueGID, 1-to-1 maps

I use this graph to create a EpetraFECrsMatrix, I SumIntoGlobalValues and GlobalAssemble, everything seems to go fine.

Then I attempt to use AztecOO to solve a linear system with the EpetraFECrsMatrix and I get the following error on processor 1:

AZ_extract_comm_info: Received elements must be stored after
                   all 3265 local elements

//the K matrix is globally 6531 rows by 6531 cols
//print out of K
proc_id 0: K.NumMyRows: 3855 K.NumMyCols: 3855
proc_id 1: K.NumMyRows: 3309 K.NumMyCols: 3309

// debug I added to az_comm.c
proc_id 0 - ghost 589 - cols 3266 - total 3855
proc_id 1 - ghost 387 - cols 3265 - total 3652

I’ve had difficulty finding and an example where the RowMap and ColMap are not UnigueGID, 1-to-1 maps.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Tew | Assistant Professor