[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos CMake upgrade?

Bartlett, Roscoe A. bartlettra at ornl.gov
Tue Aug 12 07:52:23 MDT 2014

Hello Trilinos Users and Developers,

We would like to propose increasing the minimum CMake version used by the build system for Trilinos (and therefore also TriBITS itself).  Some newer versions of CMake have some key features that would improve in the development, testing, and installation process for Trilinos (and other projects that use TriBITS).  The current minimum CMake version required by Trilinos (and TriBITS) is CMake 2.8.0, released 2009 [1].

To make sure not to leave anyone behind, we are interested to know how an upgrade of CMake would affect you and the projects your are involved with.

In particular, we would like to know:

1) What is oldest CMake version that you or your team are using for any of your Trilinos installations?

2) Would you or your team be willing, and how hard would it be, to upgrade the version of CMake on these systems?

Thanks,

Ross Bartlett for the Trilinos framework team

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Released_Versions