[Trilinos-Users] Speedup for solving linear systems

Chris Jackson chris.jackson at mayahtt.com
Thu Apr 3 19:13:50 MDT 2014

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response.  My post was related to Lucie's post - we are working together.

Lucie figured out that the Trilinos configuration being used for the tests had OMP_NUM_THREADS set to 8.  When we were launching multiple processes on a quadcore, this bogged things down.  It was an oversight.  Setting OMP_NUM_THREADS to 1 gives us the kind of scalability we were expecting.

Thanks again,

Chris