[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] DOF manager

Carlos Breviglieri carbrevi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 06:22:39 MDT 2013

Eric,

Thanks for your input. I wrote some capabilities to match those
requirements for a simple problem. I came across a reference to the DOF
manager of the DUNE project (Distributed and Unified Numerics Environment)
in http://www.dune-project.org. It is open-source and has great
capabilities for parallel, high-order discretizations. The DOF manager
handles discontinuous reconstructions, hp-adapted grids and is templated
C++.

I am still trying to figure out if, for my project, it is suitable or just
overkill. I would really want to integrate its capabilites, like mesh
adaptive refinement and coarsening, load balancing and others to trilinos
packages for linear algebra, preconditioners, intrepid, phalanx and others.

I'll keep you posted on the integration of such capabilities with trilinos
packages.

Regards,

Carlos Breviglieri
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica