[Trilinos-Users] Problem with BLAS AND LAPACK libraries

vsweta @iastate.edu vsweta at iastate.edu
Mon Oct 28 10:03:51 MDT 2013

Hi
I am trying to install Trilinos on Red Hat linux (as a prerequisite for the
Tramonto software)
Here are the configuration options I am using :

cmake \
     -DTPL_ENABLE_MPI:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES:BOOL=OFF \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_OPTIONAL_PACKAGES:BOOL=OFF \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Amesos:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_AztecOO:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Triutils:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Ifpack:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_EpetraExt:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Epetra:BOOL=ON \
     -DNOX_ENABLE_LOCA:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ML:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_NOX:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Teuchos:BOOL=ON \
     -DTrilinos_ENABLE_TESTS:BOOL=ON \
     -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING="-O3" \
     -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="-O3" \
     -DCMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS:STRING="-O5" \
*     -DTPL_ENABLE_LAPACK:BOOL=ON \
     -DLAPACK_LIBRARY_DIRS:FILEPATH="/usr/lib64" \
     -DLAPACK_LIBRARY_NAMES:STRING="liblapack.so" \
*    *-DTPL_ENABLE_BLAS:BOOL=ON\
    -DBLAS_LIBRARY_DIRS:FILEPATH="/usr/lib64" \
     -DBLAS_LIBRARY_NAMES:STRING="libblas.so" \*
     -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/Softwares/Tri10.4 \

when I run this file, it gives me the following error :

*-- Processing enabled TPL: BLAS
--   TPL_BLAS_LIBRARIES='-lcblas;-lf77blas;-latlas;-lgfortran'
--   TPL_BLAS_INCLUDE_DIRS=''
-- Processing enabled TPL: LAPACK
--   LAPACK_LIBRARY_DIRS='/usr/lib64'
--   Searching for library 'liblapack.so' ...
--     Found LAPACK TPL library: /usr/lib64/liblapack.so
CMake Error at
cmake/tribits/package_arch/TribitsTplDeclareLibraries.cmake:326 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find the LAPACK Library! Please manually set LAPACK_LIBRARY_DIRS
  and/or LAPACK_LIBRARY_NAMES or just TPL_LAPACK_LIBRARIES to point to the
  LAPACK libraries!
*
So essentially the library is found in the directory specified but in the
very next line of the output it cannot be traced.
What changes do I need to make to the configure file?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Regards
Sweta