[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] DOF manager

Cyr, Eric C eccyr at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 28 08:20:14 MDT 2013

Carlos

I apologize for the delay, I've been away on personal time for a few weeks and have not been as responsive as usual.

The parallel aspects of DG are fairly straightforward, given a list of cell IDs generate a list of unique indices. Further low-order, say 2nd, integration rules are straightforward (needed to support some lower order basis functions). Higher-order are more difficult because you need to match integration points across the face. We don't yet have a tool in Trilinos for this (as its primarily a local operation, Intrepid would be a good place for it. But no such capability yet exists). I would love to have one…

Again, I'm not sure where this leaves you, it would be nice to find a way to integrate such a capability. If you know of a similar capability that exists elsewhere (in open source) it might be good to look into and see what is needed for a generic tool.

Eric