[Trilinos-Users] DOF manager

Carlos Breviglieri carbrevi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 09:58:34 MDT 2013

Hello, I am investigating the options for a DOF manager class/package and
would like some input, based on the the following:

Requirements:
- handles unstructured meshes, possibly with different topologies
(tri+quad,tetra+prism+pyra+hex)
- parallel support
- handles high-order basis and elements
- mixed discretization would be a plus but not required

I have a Discontinuous Galerkin CFD application written using Intrepid with
a simple dof manager object for homogeneous 2D meshes. I have considered
the FEI package but I would likely have to change a lot things and it also
seems outdated, not so integrated with Trilinos. FYI, I plan to use AztecOO
or Belos.

I've checked the STK linsys classes but that brings a lot of STK
dependencies from what I can tell. I am currently using MOAB for mesh
database.

Thanks,

Carlos Breviglieri
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica