[Trilinos-Users] Find multiplication of two symmetric CRS matrix with trucation.

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at csbsju.edu
Wed Nov 20 07:46:42 MST 2013

Let me ask a few questions:

Is "x" your matrix?  Are you trying to explicitly build a new matrix that is the sum of two matrix powers?

If so, what are you going to do with x_{new}?  In other words what is the next step in your algorithm?

In many instances, it is best to not explicitly form matrix products if at all possible, for the reasons you observe.  It is very expensive to compute, and the resulting matrix become nearly dense.

Mike