[Trilinos-Users] Find multiplication of two symmetric CRS matrix with trucation.

Sunghwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 06:49:26 MST 2013

Hi,

I am Sunghwan Choi. I want to multiply two symmetric matrix with truncation.

I tried MatrixMatrix::Multiply but it takes too much times. It takes more
time than diagonalization of CRSMatrix.

I iteratively computed x_{new} = 3x^2-2x^3 with MatrixMatrix::Add and
MatrixMatrix::Multiply. After few iterations, almost all elements of matrix
is non-zero. I think that is the reason that increase the multiplication
time.

Therefore I need to truncate very small values such as 10^-10. Is there
function to do that?

I can program simple function but I am not good at optimization. This
function will significantly takes time in my whole program so I want to use
highly optimized one.

If someone can program the function with high optimization, please help me.
I have no experience with optimization codes but I know how optimization
deeply related to the performance.

Sincerely

Sunghwan Choi