[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_CrsMatrix parallel insert!

Sunghwan Choi sunghwanchoi91 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:04:19 MDT 2013

Hi, I am serial-version of trilinos user;

I have tried to make my code parallelized for a while; however, it wasn't
that easy to me;;;

First of all, filling out the matrix is not easy. I made the most typical
way to fill out the matrix.

for (int i=0; i<100;i++){

           matrix.InsertGlobalValue(10, values,indices);

}

matrix.FillComplete();

My question is that

1)     Here, How can I make the above code parallelized? (The most general
case)

2)     After call FillComplete(), can I still acess the values through
global index?

3)     What is the best way to filling crsmatrix when I don't know weather
the value is filled or not ?

4)     If I want to construct the crsmatrix whose position of non-zero
values is exactly same to the already constructed matrix,(but the values are
different) then is there any special method to filling the new matrix
easily.

If you can give me a piece of advices on even one of the above question,
please do not hesitate;;

Sunghwan Choi